A leader in antimicrobial protection and energy efficiency for the food industry.
Why Molchem™ Antimicrobial Checkstand Belt?
Today’s supermarket shopper is demanding more store transparency and cleanliness since the COVID-19 pandemic; and there is no doubt that this “new normal” will continue as standard operating procedure in your supermarket.
Shoppers will select where to shop based on shared values— they will shop at stores that have exhibited that they care for the health and well-being of their customers.
You know how important the checkout experience is—the cashier greeting the shopper, the bagger packing groceries properly—but until now, little thought has been given to extending the experience to the checkstand belt. The Molchem™ Antimicrobial Checkstand Belt assures your customer that you are making the effort, and taking the steps necessary, to protect them—and their foods.
The Molchem™ Antimicrobial Checkstand Belt is a multi-layered food grade PVC belt which contains the EPA-registered antimicrobial agent, quaternary silane active against microbes, including bacteria and viruses, which is used as a best practice for cleanliness in the food and medical industries. Reassuring your shoppers when they see the Molchem™ Antimicrobial logo on your checkstand belts that you care about their wellness.—PHIL LEMPERT, SUPERMARKETGURU
Meet Molchem™ Antimicrobial Checkstand Belt
Helping retailers meet the cleanliness demands of consumers
- Molchem™ proprietary antimicrobial formula is EPA Registered and FDA Approved
- Highly-engineered, scratch-resistant surface with antimicrobial formula permanently embedded in an unique coating process
- Hardened surface is easy to clean
- Provides residual and measurable antimicrobial protection for customers and employees by inhibiting the growth and proliferation of microbes*
* Validated by Independent Lab Testing with enhanced efficacy when coupled with the MolChem™ Checkstand and Belt Daily Cleaning Step System
Study conducted by former MSU Microbiologist Dr. Zhinong Yan found 100% of the tested checkstand belts had “high microbial population” and concluding that “more stringent sanitary practices are necessary in the retail checkstand environment”
ANTIMICROBIAL CHECKSTAND AND BELT
Most Frequently Asked Questions
The Molchem™ antimicrobial process utilizes a proprietary antimicrobial formula which is EPA Registered and FDA Approved. The PVC belt is laminated with a coating consisting of the Molchem™ Antimicrobial Protectant combined with glass beads to give the Molchem™ Antimicrobial Belt long-term efficacy.
The difference in efficacy on a “new belt” vs. an “exisiting belt” is—
- like insuring longevity of a motor vehicle—change the oil, replace tires, protect vs. rusting, proper operation
- like going into battle against a hidden enemy—we need layers of defense.
- about layers of protection—Antimicrobial Belts, Cleaners, Protectants, Extended Protection Hand Sanitizers
- A new Molchem™ Antimicrobial Checkstand Belt has a much harder, safer surface where microbes cannot harbor easily. Microbes eventually dry up and die on the hard, nonporous surface. To get the maximum performance—a new belt is a fail safe way to protect customers.
A new Molchem™ Antimicrobial Checkstand Belt does at least three things:
- Kills microbes on contact
- has a long-lasting, residual killing power
- and its hard, non-porous surface will not permit microbes to live after a period of time.
The Molchem™ Antimicrobial Checkstand Belt offers maximum residual antimicrobial protection because it guards against the very real possibility that the retailer may not follow the Molchem™ Antimicrobial Checkstand and Belt Daily Cleaning Step System.
Independent Lab Testing results have shown 91.07% reduction in Staphylococcus. We are in the final phases of testing for E-Coli, Salmonella and Listeria. Testing for COVID-19 will occur immediately after those tests are completed. Following the Molchem™ Antimicrobial Checkstand and Belt Daily Cleaning Step System ensures maximum protection for employees and customers.
On a NEW Molchem™ Antimicrobial Checkstand Belt the Molchem™ Antimicrobial Protectant is permanently embedded into the belt with a topical layer added. When the Molchem™ Daily Cleaning Step System is implemented it can remain effective for an extended period of time at least through the term of the warranty.
It is recommended that the designated Molchem™ products or their respective equivalents be used consistent with the Molchem™ Antimicrobial Checkstand and Belt Daily Cleaning Step System for warranty compliance. The initial warranty will be for 2 years for merchantability and fitness. Once long-term efficacy testing is completed, the warranty term may be extended subject to the retailer’s compliance with the Molchem™ Antimicrobial Checkstand and Belt Daily Cleaning Step System.